Slave Trade Documents. Record Linkage Exercise from PATH (Project
Apprentice to History).
House Reports, 1822.
46. Free Negroes and Mulattoes. 16 p.
House Reports, 1839.
28. Petitions Respecting Distinctions of Color. 16 p.
38. Deliverance of Citizens Liable to Be Sold as Slaves. 36
House Reports, 1840.
44. Slavery, and Admission of New States. 7 p.
46. Interracial Marriages. 8 p.
House Reports, 1843.
9. Correspondence with Virginia in the Case of George Lattimer.
35. Recovery of Citizens of Massachusetts Unlawfully Imprisoned
in Southern States. 11 p.
41. Fugitive Slaves in Massachusetts. 37 p.
48. Imprisonment of Colored Seamen. 5 p.
House Reports, 1851
100. Petition of William C. Nell. 5 p.
(Petition to erect a statue in memory of Crispus Attucks)
Senate Reports, 1838.
87. Powers and Duties of Congress upon the Subject of Slavery
and the Slave Trade. 36 p.
Senate Reports, 1839.
35. Foreign Slave Trade. 16 p.
37. Domestic Slavery. 11 p.
Senate Reports, 1842.
63. Equal Rights in Railroad Accomodations. 13 p.
Senate Reports, 1851.
51. Joint Special Committee on So Much of the Governor's Address
as Relates to Slavery and on Petitions Praying to the Legislature
to Instruct Their Senators and to Request Representatives in
Congress to Endeavor to Procure a Repeal of the Fugitive Slave
Law. 19 p.
Thaddeus Mason. A Discourse Delivered Before the African Society
in Boston, 15th of July, 1822: On the Anniversary Celebration
of the Abolition of the Slave Trade. Boston: Printed by Phelps
and Farhnman, 1822. Couretsy of the Massachusetts Historical
on Repelling Slave Hunters. Henry Ingersoll Bowditch. Boston
Anti-Man-Hunting League Records. Courtesy of the Massachusetts
Historical Society. 1 p.
Vigilance League Meeting Minutes, September 13, 1846. Boston
Anti-Man-Hunting League Records, 1846-1882. Courtesy of the
Massachusetts Historical Society. 12 p.
book of Francis Jackson (selected pages from 1850-1852). Vigilance
Committee of Boston Papers. Courtesy of the Massachusetts Historical
Society. 20 p.
of the Boston Vigilance Committee, 1854-55. Boston Anti-Man-Hunting
League Records. Courtesy of the Massachusetts Historical Society.